Wives create them with glee. Husbands dread them. I’m talking about the honey-do list (also known as an implement of torture in the eyes of man). I will admit such a list typically contains important, often urgent, and usually annoying-but-small tasks that just need to get done. And I further admit that once I have tackled said tasks, I often wonder to myself “Hmmm… that was easy. Why didn’t I take care that a long time ago??” But please don’t tell my better half.
The wisdom and power of a honey-do list is not lost upon me in the PSMailers world. That is why I respectfully submit to you, PSMailers system user, a honey-do list so short it contains one simple, do-able item: Monthly maintenance of PSMailers system. Performing this task monthly or every 10,000 forms will ensure that your system continues to function properly for years to come. Well worth your time, I promise.
Monthly maintenance can be accomplished in 11 easy steps:
- Disconnect the power cord from the machine.
- Remove both fold plates.
- Vacuum any paper dust or toner that has accumulated on the feed table and the rollers.
**Make sure the power cord has been disconnected before continuing**
- Open the access panel in the side cover opposite the control panel.
- Insert the 7/16” socket at the end of the breaker bar (inside the tool bag) over the hex shaped end on the #3 roller. This bar can now be used to rotate the rollers.
- Clean the stainless steel rollers with a household cleaner to remove any accumulated toner. As you clean, use the breaker bar to rotate the rollers so that the entire roller surface is cleaned.
- Clean the rubber rollers and the feed belts using a rubber roll rejuvenator (available at your local office supply store). Use the breaker bar to rotate the rolls and feed belt as you clean so all the rubber surfaces are cleaned.
- Return the breaker bar to the tool kit and replace the access panel.
- Replace the fold plates.
- Make sure that the power switch is in the OFF position.
- Connect the power cord to the machine.
Much in the same way that tending to a honey-do list can bring peace to your personal relationship, minding this quick and easy regular maintenance can bring you many blissful years of PSMailers performance.~ PSMailers Guy/Honey-do List Slayer